This is my GUI for the powerful, open source multimedia-converter ffmpeg, which supports a variety of audio, video and container formats!
As a console application ffmpeg exclusively works with a huge number of parameters and you don't even know the most important ones off by heart. Even if you do, it is a rocky road to do your conversions manually or via BAT files. A long and unconfortable procedure.
That's why I created SmartFFmpeg! A GUI, that lets you configure most of the important parameters visually and furthermore provides a list for multimedia-files, that are to be converted (tasks), to enable you to convert multiple files in a row with the same or individual settings. Each task applies the current settings when being added and can be given different ones afterwards.
A key feature of SmartFFmpeg is the preset-management. Presets let you store conbinations of parameters for certain conversion jobs like
Looking up parameters is history now, they stand by to be selected by you!
- extract the audio-track of any video
- audio-only conversion to MP3
- convert videos for mobile devices, PSP, iPod, cellphone...
- and much more
- Internet-update-check on startup!
- Well structured GUI, all settings at a glance
- Drag&drop support for adding files
- Generalisation by applying current settings to each task when it is added
- Individualisation by offering separate settings per task (select from file list)
- Pre-defined, extensible presets, that store all settings for frequent conversion jobs
- Extensibility of the selectable ListBox-values via text-files (e.g. add custom resolutions etc.)
- Extensibility of the conversion settings by any ffmpeg parameter into free input- and output-text fields
- Preconfiguration of output-filename
- Preconfiguration of output-file extension
- Selectable process-priority for ffmpeg.exe
- Audio/Video-conversion to H.264 (MP4)
- Audio/Video-conversion to AVI (XviD+MP3)
- Audio/Video-conversion to PSP-MP4
- Audio/Video-conversion to MPEG2
- Audio/Video-conversion to WEBM (VP8+Vorbis)
- Audio/Video-conversion to Flash-Video (FLV)
- Audio-conversion to MP3
- Audio-conversion to AC3 (5.1)
- Audio-conversion to WAV (s16le)
- Extraction of several audio-tracks (AAC, AC3, MP3, ...)
- ... and more
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
FFmpeg 4.0.2 (Recommended version. App and presets have been tested with this version.)
(unpack to a folder and select ffmpeg.exe in the SmartFFmpeg options-menu)
(Current version: 1.4.0)
(No installation required! Simply start from desired folder. The INI-file with settings and presets is always expected in this folder!)";